Stand up to influenza with a 4-strain defense that helps protect patients
6 months of age and older1
Fluzone Quadrivalent vaccine is an inactivated quadrivalent influenza virus vaccine indicated for the prevention of influenza disease caused by influenza A subtype viruses and type B viruses contained in the vaccine. Fluzone Quadrivalent vaccine is approved for use in persons 6 months of age and older.
The B strain and the impact of its unpredictability
Effectiveness of seasonal influenza vaccines depends on several factors2-4:
- Predicting which strains will predominate during a season
- Matching of vaccine strains with the circulating strains
- - Since 2001, 2 distinct B lineages have co-circulated each season—B Victoria and B Yamagata
- - Current trivalent influenza vaccines protect against 2 A strains but only 1 B strain
- Varying prevalence of each of the circulating strains
a WHO = World Health Organization.
b CDC = Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Circulation of B strains and frequency of mismatched vaccine B lineage, 2001-20122,3,5-7
Since 2001, trivalent vaccines have left patients underprotected due to mismatched B-lineage strains in 6 of 11 seasons.
Circulation of B strains and frequency of mismatched vaccine B lineage2,5-7Back to top
Protection against the B strain is critical
- B strains cause epidemics every 2 to 4 years3
- Influenza B virus represented up to 44% of circulating strains between 2001-2002 and 2010-2011 (excludes the 2009-2010 pandemic)8
- On average, influenza-associated hospitalization and mortality rates are higher with type B influenza than with type A (H1N1)3,8
- The impact of circulating B strains is greater in children and young adults3,8
Broad protection is needed against both B strains2
According to the CDC, between 1999 and 2009d
QUADRIVALENT INFLUENZA PROTECTION COULD HAVE POTENTIALLY PREVENTED2:
c Based on data collected from the 2004-2005 through 2010-2011 seasons. Data from the 2009-2010 pandemic season were not included.8
d Based on CDC data from the 1999-2000 through the 2008-2009 seasons.2
Take on influenza the way you always have, now with more coverage
Transition to Fluzone Quadrivalent vaccine: the only difference is the 4-strain protection you help provide
e CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.Back to top
Take a stand with 4-strain protection for patients 6 months of age and older 1
- In multicenter studies with a total of 4745 participants 6 months of age and older in the per-protocol analysis set, Fluzone Quadrivalent vaccine generated immune responses similar to those following trivalent formulations of Fluzone vaccine for the strains contained in each. Participants received either Fluzone Quadrivalent vaccine or 1 of 2 comparative trivalent vaccine formulations.1 Each trivalent formulation contained an influenza type B strain either of the Victoria lineage (B/Brisbane/60/2008) or the Yamagata lineage (B/Florida/4/2006), which corresponded to 1 of the 2 type B viruses in Fluzone Quadrivalent vaccine.1
The safety profile for Fluzone Quadrivalent vaccine was comparable to that of the trivalent formulation of Fluzone vaccine1
f N = Number of participants in the safety analysis set.
g 2009-2010 Fluzone vaccine containing A/Brisbane/59/2007 (H1N1), A Uruguay/716/2007 (H3N2), and B/Brisbane/60/2008 (Victoria lineage), licensed.
h 2008-2009 Fluzone vaccine containing A/Brisbane/59/2007 (H1N1), A Uruguay/716/2007 (H3N2), and B/Florida/4/2006 (Yamagata lineage), licensed.
i 2010-2011 Fluzone vaccine containing A/California/7/2009 (H1N1), A/Victoria/210/2009 (H3N2), and B/Brisbane/60/2008 (Victoria lineage), licensed.
j Investigational trivalent influenza vaccine (TIV) containing A/California/7/2009 (H1N1), A/Victoria/210/2009 (H3N2), and B/Florida/4/2006 (Yamagata lineage), non-licensed.
k Assessed in children 24 months through 35 months of age.
l Assessed in children 6 months through 23 months of age.
m NA = Not applicable.Back to top
Sanofi Pasteur has your back with 4-strain protection and years of dedication
Endlessly striving to ensure you and your patients do not face the influenza season alone
Heritage of commitment
40 years of influenza experience and expertise to help you better manage the influenza season
Consistently delivering vaccines and helping to manage the volatility of the influenza season so you can focus on the care of your patients
Fluzone Quadrivalent vaccine joins the ever-evolving Fluzone Vaccine Portfolio to help further meet the immunization needs of each and every patient
From financial savings to educational materials, we provide tools and resources to help with the challenges that come with the influenza season