Coding and Reimbursement Guidelines
Comprehensive information for adherence to federal regulations
aCPT (Current Procedural Terminology) is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
bNDC = National Drug Code. New Food and Drug Administration regulations require the use of different NDCs on the carton and unit-of-use.
- Patient 18 years of age and under, with counseling provided - bill 1 unit of CPT 90460, signaling the use of a single-component vaccine.
- - Note: Although influenza vaccines contains 3-4 strains of influenza, it protects against only 1 disease, making it a single-component vaccine.
- Patient 18 years of age and under without counseling, or a patient 19 years of age and older regardless of counseling - bill 1 unit of CPT 90471 or 90472
- - Use 90471 if it is the first vaccine administered at that visit, or 90472 if it is a second or additional vaccine administered at that visit.
- All Medicare patients for all influenza vaccines, bill 1 unit of G0008, regardless of age or counseling. Any other administration codes billed to Medicare will be denied.
- Visit the "Reimbursement" page on VaccineShoppe.com for additional coding resources for Sanofi Pasteur products. Log on today and go to the "Reimbursement" tab.
Do you have questions on coverage or payment for Sanofi Pasteur products? Contact the Sanofi Pasteur Reimbursement Support Service (RSS). Call 1-800-VACCINE (1-800-822-2463) 1-800-VACCINE (1-800-822-2463) and choose the prompt for the RSS.